Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day 6 - really day 5 recap!

I posted my "plan" for yesterday - here's the reality:

Friday's Actual:
No exercise - another day off.

Breakfast: 3/4 cup Kashi Go Lean cereal
1/2 cup fat-free Lactaid milk
1 cup blackberries
Morning Snack: 1 slice turkey (that's all my friend had. I forgot to grab mine before I left the house)
Lunch at Cakebread Cellars:
  • 1 mini Eggplant Sandwich with Smoked Mozzarella, Ham and Basil (I was going to eat another since I was starving, but I thought about it and realized it wasn't as delicious as I thought and I didn't really want or need it) paired with 2007 Sauvignon Blanc (I only had a couple sips as their SB is not my favorite and I knew there would be more coming AND I had to drive home so didn't want to drink a lot).
  • Seared Sea Scallops with Blistered Cherry Tomatoes, Halibut Branadade and Bouillabaisse Broth paired with 2002 Chardonnay Reserve (I am allergic to shellfish so they took the scallops off my plate, and I don't really like tomatoes, so didn't eat a ton of this dish. The wine was delicious, but I tried to stick with just a few sips).
  • Wild King Salmon with Apple Cider Gastrique, Garden Squash, Chanterelles and Summer Bush Beans with Spanish Chorizo paired with 2004 Anderson Valley Pinot Noir (I ate almost all of this but left a little salmon on my plate. Really didn't see/taste any chorizo. Only had a few sips of the wine since I knew my favorite was coming up next!)
  • Selection of Artisan Cheeses and Fresh Fruit paired with 2004 Dancing Bear Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon (I had about 6 little crostinis topped with a little bit of cheese, and maybe 1/2-2/3 glass of wine. I LOVE this wine!)
All in all the meal was fairly light and I did a pretty good job of not drinking much since I had to drive. Boy were we tempted to stay the night though and just keep going. I tried to persuade Karen, but she wasn't going for it. So alas, we drove back home, leaving Napa around 3:30pm. There was an accident on 19th in the city, so we didn't make it to Burlingame until around 5:15. My husband had taken my daughter to soccer practice and decided to stay and play softball, football etc. with my other daughter, so when I got home nobody was there. I called my neighbor Glen and we decided to head downtown to find a bar to have a drink.
Here's where I definitely deviated from the plan. Instead of cooking dinner, we went out.

At Bonarda I had 1 vodka tonic and 1 Sierra Nevada. Then Sean & the girls met us and we went to Sapore (our favorite little Italian place on B Ave) for dinner. Had a glass of Sangiovese, though I really didn't drink much of it. I ordered Sacchetto Vegetariano and Sean got the Rigatoni Rustica (our favorite) and we split them. Plus I had 1.5 pieces of bread dipped in olive oil and balsamic. I actually didn't eat as much as I normally would - I'd say Sean had the larger serving of the pastas. We skipped soups or salads or any starters since we were all starving and just had our eyes on the bigger prize - pasta! Oh, and I had a small slice of Glen's pizza. We skipped dessert, but I had 2 Zotz (remember that candy? I love it!) before bed.

So much for my meal plan! But all in all it was a great day and night, and I didn't over stuff myself, or feel sick, and I had lots of delicious food and good times with friends. My goal for this whole weight loss thing is to do it without a lot of deprivation or changing of my lifestyle, so I think I'm doing pretty well. Life is short and needs to be enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment