Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day 3

Down another 0.8 for a total of 4.4 lbs. lost this week so far. Only 32 more to go! 12 more to hit my 1st goal of taking off what I've put on since I got injured. I'll keep working towards that.
Woke up hungry today. Am debating on taking the day off exercise since I worked hard the last 2 days and don't want to overdo it. Days of rest can be beneficial - especially when just starting a routine. Or I might try to do a yoga DVD - I need to work on my stretching and flexibility and it would help ease some of my soreness. We'll see how time goes.
If I don't exercise, it will be even more important to follow my meal plan. Today I will face a challenge in that area - I'm enjoying one of the perks of being a stay-at-home mom and going to see an early movie with a friend. I should be fine though since the movie happens over lunchtime, and I have a sandwich on the plan for today. That is easy to bring into the theatre and eat. So no popcorn or other snacks - I will just bring my sandwich and water with me. Then when I get home, I will eat the rest of my lunch.

Meal Plan for Day 3:
Breakfast: 3 egg whites, 1/2 cup broccoli and 1 Tbs. reduced-fat cheese, scrambled
Morning Snack: 1 cup blackberries, 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese
Lunch: 1/2 turkey & 1/4 avocado sandwich on whole wheat bread
2 cups spinach with fat-free/low-fat dressing
Afternoon Snack: 1 apple
2/3 scoop MaxPro protein powder - rich chocolate mixed with water
Dinner: Sesame-Tofu Stir-Fry (recipe to follow)
1 cup Lactaid fat-free milk
Nighttime Snack: 3 egg whites (to get more protein - oh I better go boil those eggs now!)
WW English Toffee Crunch Bar
Total Calories = 1305, so I have some room to play or add an extra small treat here.
Total WW points = 23.5
I do a nutritional analysis on these meal plans to make sure I am getting enough fiber (VERY important), fat, protein & carbs also.

RECIPE
Sesame-Tofu Stir-Fry
Ingredients:
1 12-ounce package extra-firm tofu, drained and cut
into 1/2-inch cubes
Cornstarch
1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground
ginger
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 16-ounce bag frozen stir-fry vegetables, thawed
2/3 cup bottled stir-fry sauce
2 scallions, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
2 cups hot cooked brown rice

Directions:
1. Lightly coat tofu with cornstarch. In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the peanuts, the sesame seeds, ginger, and red pepper. Add tofu; toss gently.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add tofu mixture to skillet. Cook briefly, stirring gently, until sesame seeds are toasted and tofu begins to brown.
3. Remove tofu. Add vegetables to skillet; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through. Add stir-fry sauce; cook and stir gently until mixture is bubbly. Stir in tofu; heat through. Sprinkle with remaining peanuts and the scallions. Serve over rice.

Serves 4
WW pts=8, 386 calories, 19g protein, 45g carbohydrate, 14g fat (2g saturated), 6g fiber
Source: Fitness Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment