Monday, March 12, 2012

Where are you?

This bench is waiting for you in Parc St. Cloud
Some blooms are showing
 
It’s amazing here right now. With the cold spell broken, there is definitely a sense of Spring in the air, and everything just seems so much better. I wish someone were here to enjoy this special time with me. (Yes, S is here on the weekends) You always hear about “Paris in springtime”, now I get it. Don’t get me wrong, we still have days that are cold and grey, but the sun is peeking out much more often, and there is such a sense of lightness in the air & in the attitudes around. Everyone is smiling more, and there is a “buzz” in the air as people emerge from their winter cocoons. We have spent the last week plus just getting out and enjoying life. Even the day of solid rain we had last week couldn’t dampen our spirits.
on rue Montorgueil
Arc de Triomphe
Wandering around the Marais
 It has been a perfect time to enjoy Paris. Drinks enjoyed sitting outside at a café watching the world go by. Hours spent wandering around the streets finding interesting shops to duck into. Walking hand in hand past the Eiffel Tower to discover a new restaurant. Just soaking up the world where we now find ourselves. Don’t get me wrong, I know it is still chilly out (we are still wearing sweaters & coats), and there is probably more inclement weather heading our way, but let me just enjoy my moment in the sun.
Tuilleries garden

Why don’t you come enjoy it with me too? :-)

D

No comments:

Post a Comment