Sunday, December 25, 2011

I Hope It’s All Worth It!

Please tell me it will all be worth it…

This past week on Monday and Tuesday we were packed and moved into storage by another moving company. At the end of the job, after they had left, we realized that we were missing 3 things: S’s work iPhone, R’s iTouch, and my wedding rings. So upsetting. I am so distraught over losing my wedding rings, I don’t know what to do. We don’t have the $$ to replace them, plus their value is more sentimental. I can distinctly remember when S & I picked out the 2 sapphires, then had the ring designed by a San Francisco jeweler around those 2 beautiful gems. I can still remember the day he asked me to marry him and I replied “Let me see the ring!” - not because I was greedy but because I wanted to see the final design. How do you replace that?

It’s also been really hard to see my girls so upset over the move. I went to school the last day with them and it was heart-breaking seeing them say goodbye to classmates they’ve been with since they were 5 years old. Lots of tears and hugs – kind of harder than saying goodbye to my own friends! Which has not been easy. I have such a great group of friends here – how will I find people in France to have that same connection with? I’ve been building these friendships up over many years – I won’t be in France that long...

With all the headaches, troubles, losses, heartache, family drama (can you say many family fights?) – I can only say that I hope the whole thing is worth it…

D

No comments:

Post a Comment