Thursday, August 27, 2009

Plan of Action

OK, school is back in session, house guests are gone, party is on Saturday - should be good to go on Monday. Time to come up with a plan of action.

Step 1: State Goals
  1. Plan weekly meals
  2. Exercise 5x/week
  3. Eat 5-7 servings of fruits & vegetables per day
  4. Drink at least 64 ounces of water each day
Step 2: Envision Challenges to Meeting Goals
  1. Finding time to plan
  2. Two challenges:
    • Being too tired to go to the gym
    • Injury keeping me from exercising
  3. Two challenges:
    • Not having fruits and vegetables around to eat
    • Just plain forgetting!
  4. Two challenges:
    • Not having water around
    • Just plain forgetting!
Step 3: Coming Up with Solutions to Challenges
  1. Schedule it in my calendar and do a little at a time
  2. Two solutions:
    • Go to bed earlier
    • Try different exercises (swim if foot hurts)
  3. Two solutions:
    • Keep fruits & veggies in house at all times
    • Every time I eat, eat a fruit or veggie & put in meal plan
  4. Two solutions:
    • Carry a container of water with me wherever I go
    • Every time I go to the bathroom, I have to finish & refill my water

No comments:

Post a Comment